How To Get A Residential Building’s Building Plan Approved In Chennai

The officials of the local bodies in that area have been given the authority by the Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority to grant planning permission for residential projects in Chennai. In accordance with the Tamil Nadu Town and Country Planning Act of 1971, the Authority grants planning permission.

In Chennai, the typical acceptable classifications are commercial, institutional, residential, and industrial structures. The steps listed below must be followed in order to obtain plan approval for residential buildings in Chennai, or any other type of building. We have covered every step and the paperwork required in this post to obtain plan approval for a commercial project in Chennai.

Specifications Provided by CMDA to Carry Out Planning Permission

You will receive your permission in a quicker and more convenient manner thanks to the CMDA’s newly simplified procedures. You must, however, adhere to the steps that are accurately outlined here. What is the Planning Permission (PP) that we are discussing before we get started?

The concept of planning permission is straightforward. In order to construct a development in Chennai, you must get approval. You will get your planning permission from the CMDA (Chennai Metropolitan Development Authority). The consent will be valid for three years from the date of issue.

How Can Someone Get a Plan Approval for Commercial or Residential buildings?

There are two categories of the application form there. Form ‘A’ is for laying the land used exclusively for business. On the other hand, forms “B” and “C” are used to undertake the owner or applicant. An application is also available from the CMDA office. These forms are available from the Chennai Corporation, Town Panchayats, Municipalities, and Panchayat Union Offices.

The following documents must be included with your application:

A comprehensive list of the documents you must provide with the application forms will be sent to you. Form ‘A’ is limited to outland layout only. In order to find building constructions, you need review forms B and C. The original landowner, a licensed surveyor, an architect, and the holder of the power of attorney or lease for the property should all sign Form ‘B’. Along with the plans and the documentation, all of this.

Whom or where should you submit these applications?

Depending on where in the land you wish to build, you can obtain these application forms from the Town Panchayat, Municipalities, Panchayat Union Offices, or Chennai Corporation.Applications will be directly admitted in the CMDA in some specific instances (special buildings with ground+ three floors, and multi-story buildings with more than four stories.

What grounds will the permission be granted on?

The officials will review your application for a land use agreement. What will they examine now? They will search for the contract pertaining to the land that is subject to the development restrictions and the precise plan of development. Planning approval will be granted if the officials are happy with how your plan complies with the development restrictions.

If your plan does not adequately comply with the regulations, CMDA officials have the authority to reject it. You may, however, file an appeal with the government again if your application is turned down. Your site will be inspected by the CMDA’s building plan inspector, town planning officer, or other officials.

If your application is accepted, would you be required to pay a license fee?

Upon receiving plan clearance for construction from the CMDA, officials, or local authority, you will be required to pay a development charge. This fee will vary depending on a number of factors, including the land’s floor area, location, and intended use. Among the responsibilities you have as a developer are the following. As the developer, you must build the project within the time frame specified on the permit and in accordance with the plan that has been approved by the authorities.

Scroll to Top